Sunday, April 02, 2006

Fitness Ball

This will be a short post because 1. My arms are very tired from my strength-training workout that I just finished and 2. I’m watching the Duke v. LSU Woman’s Final Four game…and, in this case, I want to pay attention.

I was out of town this weekend visiting my best-friend. Yesterday, while she was taking a nap, I put in one of her Denise Austin videos. It’s broken up into two 20 minute sessions, the second utilizing a fitness ball. I know you’ve probably seen them and have been wondering about them—I have, too. This was the first time I’ve used one, and I am sold! WOW…not only did I have a tougher workout, but I had a better workout…especially in the abdominal department.

I often conveniently forget to do my abdominal workout because I really hate lying and the floor and doing crunches. I mean, I just hate it and there is little about working out that I feel the need to complain about. But crunches suck. It’s uncomfortable; sometimes my back fells like I’m straining it…sometimes it’s my neck....it just all around sucks for me. But, that’s my biggest problem area, so ignoring it does me no good, whatsoever. And, I know that so much of your physical strength comes from your core. I want to be stronger, not just thinner, so ignoring that area is like self-sabotage…and I hate that more.

Using the ball to do crunches (among other things) was awesome. Not only do you get the relief from the back strain, but you get fuller extension and you also get a bit of a leg workout, too! Two for one is always a good deal, so tomorrow after I see Mary and hit the rec. center, while I’m getting my stomach medication refilled, I’m going to buy myself a fitness ball. No, I don’t really have a convenient place to store it out of view, but I’ll gladly maneuver around it (while Mel’s occupying my future rec. room) if it’ll help my waistline.

Just thought I’d share in case anyone out there had been thinking about getting one; take it from me, you’ll be glad you did and so will your body.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home