Friday, March 17, 2006

The Day for the Wearing of the Green

Happy St. Patrick’s Day, everyone! In celebration for the occasion of my second favorite holiday, here’s a little classic Judy Garland.

Ah…it doesn’t get any better than Judy…may she rest in peace.

I’m also feeling a little naughty today—so while I’m blogging, I’ll teach you how to swear in gaeilge (gaelic).

It’s been 3 years to the day since I was in Chicago. The last time I went for the St. Patty’s Day parade…and then George Bush fucked up my weekend by declaring war on Iraq. Bastún! Go hIfreann leat! (Bastard! To hell with you!)

Man, I miss Chi-town; wish I was there right now, actually.

Oh.my.god! This lass is SO tired this morning it’s ridiculous. Ciach! (damn)

I slept fairly well, but it took me forever to actually fall asleep. I also had to wake up a half hour early, and I had to take some allergy medication because my sinuses are in full “I’m gonna make you vomit” mode. I almost lost my oatmeal breakfast three times today. B’Gosh, I really hate starting the day like that.

Tylenol Allergy Complete doesn’t make me drowsy, but the Tylenol Allergy Sinus, which is all I have left, really does. I nearly fell asleep in the loo at work! Seriously, my head bobbed.

I had to resort to yet another cup of coffee. Two days in a row is not generally recommended for me because of my acid-reflux issues, which are slowly and surely improving (mostly because of weight loss). So, I’m taking my stomach medication as I type this…which, hopefully, won’t give me a headache like it so often does. Man! Just when you’re body is clean of all those drugs, your sinuses go and feisigh it all up.

Oh well…that’s life: cac happens. And, whatever, ‘cuz when I stepped on the scale this morning is read 195. I’m also wearing a beautiful lime green shirt that fits me better today than it did last year when I bought it. It’s funny, but I’m about 10 lbs heavier than I was then, but I’m smaller because I’m more toned.

Building muscle is good—watch out ladies! I just might sweep you off your feet. ;)

I’m also resorting to loud rock, which I usually reserve for later in the day. Today, at the top of my playlist: Rob Thomas’ This is How a Heart Breaks.

Begora! I really like Rob Thomas. He’s one of few male solo artists that I really enjoy. He’s such a terrific songwriter; that’s such a turn on for me, man or woman.

Okay, I have to try to wake up. I have a meeting in an hour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home