Saturday, March 25, 2006

That Time of the Month

No, not THAT time of the month! It’s haircut day.

Most of the time I look forward to it, even if for just the excuse to get out of the house and take a walk on my own. I’ve come to think of this day as part of T-time, as in Trace time, but today, at least right now, I don’t give a rat’s ass what my hair looks like; I just want to know that everything is gonna be all right.

To quote Terri Clark:

I want a road stretchin’ out before me
I want a radio in my ear
I want a full tank of absolution
No fear”

God, I heart Terri Clark. Did you know that she and I don’t only share the same initials, but the same birthday as well? I think she’s older than me, but she was also born on the historic day of August 5.

Historic? Well, aren’t we full of ourselves!

Hey, history buffs, what else happened on that day? You’ve got three seconds…three…two…one…BUZZER!

On August 5: The US dropped an a-bomb on Hiroshima, Japan.

On August 5: Marilyn Monroe died

Anyway, I think Terri Clark is yummy. I’d be her bitch any day, any time, any where. Personally, I think she and k.d. lang should hook up. They’d make a fabulous couple, visually and musically.

Hey, Mel just stopped in to tell me that’s she’s going to get out of here for the afternoon to give me some alone time; “I know I’ve been a pain the butt lately.”

Pain the butt is putting it kindly, but I didn’t argue with her. So, the question now is: what the hell am I gonna do with myself? I honestly don’t feel like being alone, but I *do* need a break from her.

I suppose I’ll spend some time working out, but that only takes an hour. You dirty-girls out there are thinking I should use the caddy, I know you are, but I already took care of that this morning when I woke up at 7:00 (!!!) after dreaming of flirting with work woman, again. God! I’m so fucking tired of dreaming about her! Seriously. I’m over it. At this point it feels like an invasion because there are far better women, in every way, to get my flirt on with in my dreams. Hey, maybe that’s it! Maybe she’s really a telepathic alien!

Yea, that sounds plausible. *sigh…smacks self upside the head*

I am a recurring dream person. I have been all of my life. My logical “therapized” brain knows that she’s simply symbolic for my own longing for my former confidence level, just like my tornado dreams are symbolic of anxiety…and my airplanes falling out of the sky and my mega-tsunami dreams are symbolic of childhood trauma and feeling powerless. Thankfully, I haven’t had any reoccurring dreams about those other things in about a year…and it’s been about 5 years for the last two.

I really want to move on from this one, but I guess beggars can’t be choosers…and I’d much rather have a sexy dream about a woman I don’t even like that much than go back to tornados, airplanes, and tidal waves as big as the one in the movie “Deep Impact.” *shudders* God, I don’t miss those dreams, at all—truly terrifying. It’s no wonder I’ve always had borderline hypertension, even as a teenager.

Well, now that I’ve written an extremely odd blog with no point, other than to reaffirm to you all that I really am a bloody nut-case, I’m gonna go feed my queasy stomach some oatmeal and grab a shower. Maybe then I'll feel like going to get my haircut and having to engage in small-talk. Yea, right...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home