Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Money on Maryland

The women’s NCAA basketball final is about to start. I’m pumped! *flexes my growing muscles*

I’ve done my workout; I’ve had dinner, and now I’m in my PJ’s awaiting the tip-off. I’ve got a diet root beer cracked open and a homemade brownie sitting next to me. All that’s missing is my cat, but she’s camped out in the other room with Mel.

As far as the game, I like both these teams…but I think Maryland’s youthfulness and grit will win the day. Allison Bales from Duke is definitely a force to be reckoned with, though—6’7”! Holy smokes! Talk about a smack-down…I think I’d probably run in fear of her, but, then again, I’ve never been a hoops player, just a fan.

I’m very excited about the coverage that the women are receiving this year. Personally, I’ve enjoyed watching the ladies play 10 times more than the guys…but, I’m sure I’m biased. Still, it’s nice to see and I hope it continues. The Detroit Shock won the championship about 3 years ago and it was hardly noticed.

Okay, game’s starting…gotta go!

UPDATE: Final Maryland 78/Duke 75

OMG! What a game! Best basketball game I have ever seen. Period.

I was literally standing on my bed, in tears, cheering Maryland when Christy Toliver hit that clutch 3 pointer to send the game into overtime. She and Coleman...I can't believe they're freshman. And I can't believe they came back from 13 down just after the half!

For the 5 minutes of OT I was shifting from foot to foot, a foot from the TV, saying, "Come on, baby...come on, girls..."Violet was officially freaked out by my actions; it was a beautiful night of women's sports.

WOW. Just WOW. Both teams should be proud; that was simply amazing.

Congrats Maryland Terrapins; you ladies are my heroes...and Christy Toliver is da bomb, baby...nothin' but net over a 6'7" reach with 5 seconds left. Brought me to tears it was so perfect.

Damn. What a game...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home