Thursday, April 13, 2006

Busy Bee

Whew! What a week!

So much has happened, which has kept me occupied and without the time/concentration to blog, but I am having such a wonderful day, so I want to take a few moments to catch my breath.

Great news! Mel was accepted to culinary school. She will be leaving for North Carolina no later than July 1. My preference is for her to be out of here by June 1, as we had previously agreed, but I’ve managed to deal with my disappointment and frustration this week, and now I feel better about giving her another month so that she doesn’t have to move twice. She seems to have finally heard me, and we are in a transition phase right now…trying to be nice to each other as we move on. So long as she respects my privacy, which she has been doing without event for several weeks now, it’s not such an emotional strain having her here.

Yes, I know that there will probably be more ups and downs in the next few months, but things are definitely showing real signs of improvement. I feel more comfortable; we’ve had some serous discussions, and we’re been able to talk and laugh yesterday and today. When she asked me to stay another month, I was upset and feeling manipulated, but I took that evening to rest my weary soul. I watched some TV and did some reading. I got a full night’s rest and it helped me put everything back into perspective.

Maybe that will all change—it’s definitely possible—but I’m okay right now…and that’s all that matters to me. As long as I'm okay, I want to be able to help a friend.

Other than that, work has been really frustrating. I’m about to be as busy as a one legged man in a kicking contest…for 3 straight months! How we’re going to manage to pull all of this training off, I really have no idea at this moment, but if it fails, it won’t be for lack of our effort.

I also had my review, which was great as expected. That may sound arrogant, but I am good at what I do and I worked really hard last year. I didn’t get a bonus as I was hoping for, but I did get a nice raise…and the way I’ve always thought is that if I’m making more than my age, meaning more than 30k this year, I’m doing A-OK...and I do plenty better than that, so I can’t complain. It’s just funny to me that I received a bonus last year, but this was the year that I really pushed myself to grow as both a technical writer and a trainer. I guess that’s just life, though…life is funny like that.

Other than that, I’m very excited to say that I’ve managed to cement some plans for the summer. And, boy oh boy, is it going to be a busy summer. Other than training almost every single day during the week, I’ll be heading off to Chicago in mid-June for a quick visit. A few weeks later, my best-friend’s due to make me an aunt; just a short time after that I’ll be off to Chicago again for a Melissa Etheridge concert. The week after, I’ll be in NYC on business for a week. The weekend I get back is my 30th birthday (still no idea what I’m going to do for that), and then sometime in August I’ve got to take a bloody vacation.

Whew! Like I said, busy bee!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you are on your way, my friend!!!

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home