Monday, May 22, 2006

TV Tuner

I’ve been pretty busy dealing with life and I haven’t much felt like writing. But today I came home to a nice surprise: my USB TV Tuner arrived in the mail.

So, after coming home to my newly cleaned and decorated apartment (it looks really nice—I’ll take some pictures), I was able to set up my computer to be my second TV in about 5 minutes. It was really that easy.

Now, I’ve had dinner, cleaned up my dishes, and as I’m writing this I’m listening/watching Game 7 of the Spurs and Mavericks series. This is really cool! And since I’ve got a DVD burner in my office computer, I can even set this software to record a show that I want to watch or just keep for prosperity.

The only question left is what in the world am I going to do with all my VHS tapes? I no longer have a VCR since my old TV/VCR combo died…and I have really no interest in buying one. Ebay, I suppose…but does anyone even want VHS tapes anymore?

On another note, there was one thing that happened today to remind me that there is still some sort of curse stalking me: my cat, once again, puked on my fucking bed! My nice clean bed spread has cat puke on it again, and this time I fear that it is stained because she puked up Meow Mix, which always stains the carpet no matter how much I scrub. *sigh*

I’ll keep working on it, but Jesus H. Christ, Violet, gimme a fuckin’ break and puke on the damn brown carpet!!!! Or the whole big floor of tile in the kitchen…but no, she wants to puke on the nice clean pretty light purple bedspread, which is the only one that I have now.

I don’t know what her deal is with my bed all of the sudden, but it’s starting to tick me off.

Oh well, but hey, I’ve got TV in my office! And that’s nice because I like to keep it on even if I’m not watching it because it keeps me company, and I’m still trying to get used to living alone.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lynne said...

What is it about cats that make them want to do that? Ginger always pukes someplace I dont want her to. Brooke is just as bad because when she isnt feeling well, she wants to be by me so she will climb up in my lap and then let it hurl where ever I happen to be. UGH!

But if you have that enzyme cleaner, it can do a pretty good job on puke stains.

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ya know... just in case you are really stuck for ideas of things you can do with your new USB tuner :-)...
you could be a good 'citizen of the world' and record tv shows that it takes us years to get here in Oz (if we ever get them) and pop them up as a torrent.

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try donating your VHS tapes to the library. Sometimes, lbraries have book sales and such and that might be a good option.

Who can ever explain cats?! Why do they wait for you to clean the litter and then take a hug, nasty smelly dump?

I am happy to hear that your apartment is back in order!

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home