Thursday, March 02, 2006

Ice

Every few years we get hit with an ice storm here in Michigan. Personally, I don’t think there’s much scarier than an ice storm as far as winter weather goes. I’ve lived 7,000 ft. above sea level in the mountains and been through blizzards and major snow storms that dump 2 ft. in a day, but there’s something about stepping outside to see everything covered in a shell of clear ice that’s just…freaky to me.

Today was such a day—although, it wasn’t as bad as the ice storm since I was able to make it to work. The last one was about 3 or 4 years ago, and I refused to walk to the bus because as I was standing outside I witnessed several car accidents and could hear the tree limbs cracking and falling under the tremendous weight.

So, I’m here at work even though my bosses aren’t. Funny that.

I don’t really know what this blog is about, but last night I had more sexy dreams (yep, still waiting for The Cadillac to arrive). This one featured a woman I work with, who I have a strange fascination with. Why? I don’t really know, but I’ve dreamt about her for years. Lately, she’s been in my dreams a lot, which, again, I don’t quite understand because she was a total bitch to me last week…and that’s not untypical. She’s nebulous, though—I can’t figure out of she’s gay or straight, and I think that’s part of my intrigue. She’s also beautiful in her own way, even though her ice queen of the universe personality sometimes fucks that up.

Anyway, so last night in my dream she and I were flirting, big time. And, feeling a moment that I didn’t want to get away, I finally just kissed her. I won’t either gross you out or turn you on with the specifics, but suffice it to say that it was a nice dream after that.

So, this morning when I passed by her desk and said good morning as I always do, I couldn’t help but inwardly laugh because I know that she has no idea I dream about her rather frequently. The really interesting thing is that she owes me a drink, and I’m kind of hesitant to cash that in because I’m worried that I wouldn’t be able to not flirt with her considering the “action” in my recent dreams. Either that or I’d blush a hundred shades of red and just start laughing.

Broken
By Seether (Featuring Amy Lee)

I wanted you to know
That I love the way you laugh
I want to hold you high and steal your pain away
I keep your photograph
And I know it serves me well
I want to hold you high and steal your pain

CHORUS 1
‘Cuz I'm broken when I'm lonesome
And I don't feel right when you're gone away

BRIDGE
You've gone away
You don't feel me here....anymore

The worst is over now
And we can breathe again
I want to hold you high, you steal my pain away
There's so much left to learn
And no one left to fight
I want to hold you high and steal your pain

CHORUS 2
‘Cuz I'm broken when I'm open

And I don't feel like I am strong enough
‘Cuz I'm broken when I'm lonesome
And I don't feel right when you're gone away

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home