Monday, February 27, 2006

iPods, SUVs, and Traitors

Damn. Damn. Damn. I hate forgetting my iPod at home. Now I have to go to the rec center without it. HATE THAT!

Oh well, that won't stop me from going and neither will the blustery weather we're having. Burrr. It's cold! And I forget home much I dislike driving in these conditions. It's totally foreign to me. If you need someone to drive a motorcycle or a 4-wheel drive through deep sand, I'm your girl, but any sort of snow turns me into a hyperaware driver who can't do anything but drive. No music, no talking, no nothing! I have to concentrate...and all you mother fuckers who fly by me and cut me off, I hope you spin out and total your precious gas-hogging SUVs on the way home because I'll be off the road by then.

By the way, I forgot to mention that my cat, Violet, is a traitor. Forever and a day it's been all about me--all about Mom since I'm her human, but since Mel lost her job and is home with her almost every day...yea, I'm lucky to get a hello when I get home from work. I don't even think she slept with me at all last night...little shit.

But, all is good because my room at home is sparkly clean and serene. It feels a little lonely sometimes in the queen-sized bed by myself, but I am enjoying having my own space, which I can easily keep clean. I used to be more messy than I am anymore--I'm actually quite neat now, so having my own room is giving me a real opportunity to enjoy that quality about myself since it's the only room that Mel and I don't share. She's not nearly as tidy, unfortunately, but she has her own room now and she can do whatever she wants with it. I don't care; I won't say anything because I can shut the door if I don't want to look at the mess.

I did fall asleep crying last night. It wasn't a bad cry (if there's such a thing); it was just emotional. I was thinking about my future dreams, the fears and unknowns that go along with it, and I was lonely, honestly. That's why I'm pissed at my cat because she wouldn't hang around long enough to let me cuddle until I could fall asleep. Usually she will, but she's pretty wigged out by Mel and I sleeping in other rooms--she doesn't know who to stay with. Before Mel lost her job there wouldn't have been a question, but now Mel's her buddy and I'm just the boss.

Okay, time to go see Mary...Maybe I'll write more later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home