Monday, March 06, 2006

Salad & No-Car Woes

I’ve eaten a lot of salad lately. I’m trying to loose all this bloody weight I’ve put on in the last 2 years and get in all my veggies like a good healthy girl: salads are perfect for that, right? Right!

So, I had a nice big salad with my tilapia last night. 2 whole cups with beets, garbanzo beans, cherry tomatoes, a few green olives, feta cheese, and Greek salad dressing. I charted out my calories and knew I needed to eat a good-sized dinner to get to 1500. The good news was that I ate all my calories yesterday and worked out just because I felt like it. Also, the tilapia turned out fantastic—just a dash of peanut oil was all I needed to brown and firm up the cornmeal coating.

The bad news is that 15 hours later I’m still paying for the salad. Oy!

It started shortly after I finished my dinner. Maybe I ate too much or maybe those olives should be thrown in the trash. I dunno but this indigestion is really awful. All morning my stomach has been rumbling unhappily. I even fed it a whole bagel hoping that would help…nope.

Where’s the Alka-Seltzer when I need it…

I guess this means I need to take a break from salads for a few days. Unfortunately, I don’t have many more vegetable options at home…just several cans of green beans, which I dislike rather strongly. I have corn and peas, too, but those are starches. If I had a car I’d just go to the grocery store, but I’m not going to do that this week because I have plenty of food and that kind of detour on the bus can take, easily, 3 hours. I’ve already gotta make a trip to the laundry, and that’s another big whopping time sucker.

Sigh.

I just gotta keep my eye on the future. It won’t be too long and I’ll be able to save enough money to buy/lease a car. I can do it by June.

For now, though, I just gotta take this week one thing at a time. I got to work today with no problem, and I’ve got a ride into Ann Arbor so that I can see my therapist. After that I’ll take the bus home. That’s almost an hour trip, but it’s a straight shot. After that I’ll have lunch and then take a walk down the way to the storage place to pay my rent. That’s not much of a walk, though, so I’ll do some kick-boxing or Denise Austin (if I can stand the bitch) from home. Then I’ll shower, relax, and then head out to Depot Town for dinner at Sidetrack.

Yea, that’s my plan. Good plan.

Hey, I’m wearing a tunic and jean jacket that I haven’t been able to wear with any dignity in a while. I look pretty good in it, too…even better than when I bought the tunic. LOVE THAT!

Oy! Here come the stomach cartwheels again…I gotta go find someone who had TUMS or something…

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your pregnant friend here thinks your salad fixin's sound awful! My stomach was turning reading it!!! I won't even get started on the tilapia...Sorry for the belly woes. There have been many a time I have enjoyed my dinner to find that the baby has not. Me, I am liking steak and creamed spinach as my meal of choice. Too bad there is no grocery delivery service...Hang in there!

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home