Friday, February 24, 2006

I’ve Got Things to do Before I Die

I’ll be 30 this year in August. So, here’s 30 things I want to do before I die (in no particular order):

1. Get my books published
2. Go to Rome
3. Finish my degree
4. Move to Chicago
5. Find that special woman who I dream about and make her crazy happy every day
6. Read the Bible
7. See the Mayan Pyramids
8. Go to Arlington National Cemetery
9. Get my motorcycle license
10. March in a major gay pride parade
11. Go to the Democratic National Convention
12. Enter/Win the caption contest in the New Yorker
13. Write an Op-Ed that gets published in a major newspaper
14. Learn to play the guitar
15. Average 5 hrs/week of volunteer work at a battered woman’s shelter for at least one year
16. Go to a Broadway show in a limo
17. Go back to St. Patrick’s Cathedral and replace the rosary that was stolen from my ugly truck
18. Write a love song
19. Learn T’ai Chi
20. Legally change my first name to Trace
21. Take a cruise
22. Go to the Olympics
23. Take more art lessons so I can illustrate my own books
24. Give all my tax money to a charity even if I could use it
25. Say “I do” and kiss my wife
26. Run a 5k
27. Stop biting my nails
28. Graduate from therapy with Mary’s blessing…and then give her a hug.
29. Experience the meaning of bliss
30. Join a protest march in Washington

Something More (Click to hear sample)
By Sugarland

Monday, hard to wake up
Fill my coffee cup, I'm out the door
Yeah, the freeway's standing still today
It's gonna make me late, and thats for sure
I'm running out of gas and out of time
Never gonna make it there by nine

CHORUS
There's gotta be something more
Gotta be more than this I need a little less hard time
I need a little more bliss I'm gonna take my chances
Taking a chance I might
Find what I'm looking for
There's gotta be something more

Five years and there's no doubt
That I'm burnt out, I've had enough
So now boss man, here's my two weeks
I'll make it short and sweet, so listen up I could work my life away, but why?
I got things to do before die

REPEAT CHORUS

Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate
I believe that happiness is something we create
You best believe that I'm not gonna wait
'Cause there's gotta be something more

I get home 7:30 the house is dirty, but it can wait
Yeah, 'cause right now I need some downtime
To drink some red wine and celebrate
Armageddon could be knocking at my door
But I ain't gonna answer that's for sure.
There's gotta be something!